Sunday, August 21, 2016

12 Tags of 2016: August

I cannot believe we are over halfway through August. I am one of the moms who hates the school year.   Ugh, double ugh and blech.

The August 12 Tags of 2016 is really pretty and really fun to do. I am so happy with how the background turned out that I cannot wait to do it on a bigger project.

I started by using Pumice Stone and Shabby Shutters Distress Stains on the tag. I LOVE how it turned out. I used Creative Chemistry 103 to push myself past my ink colors combinations and I am enjoying the results.

The Dragonfly is cut and embossed using the Alterations die and embossing folder set and then I glittered the body and put iridescent foil on the wings.  The camera isn't capturing the foiled wings very well. 

The saying is an Idea-ology Small Talk Sticker cut into pieces.  
I love the added detail of the highly reflective Remanent Rubs Gilded Accents on the upper right and lower left corners.  In person these rub-ons are very highly reflective- much more than plain foil.
I am head-over-heels for this background. The combination of the colors (Pumice Stone and Shabby Shutters), the paper (Wallflower) and the Surfaces (Linen from Textile Surfaces and Burlap from Textured Surfaces) and Deco Sheets is really pretty and interesting to look at.
Almost time for the September Tag.....

Laters. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your tag and I agree about the colors - I love to use Pumice Stone and it looks great with Shabby Shutters. Your dragonfly and everything else is just awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...