Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Cards

I have been working on my friend's wedding and I will start posting about that as soon as I process the photos.  In the mean time I have made a few birthday cards including this PrettyPretty Princess card.  It started, I kid you not, as a card for my sister-in-law.   Hmmm…while I love it, at some point I realized that she is not a preschooler but rather a full-grown adult and deserves a card that is more appropriate (come back tomorrow for that card).
 I started with Tim's gorgeous and AMAZING Distress Paints.  I puddled them on my nonstick craft sheet, spritzed with quite a bit of water and dragged the tag through it until it was covered.  Hit it with the heat gun and more water until I liked the look.  Once the paint is completely dry it is impervious to water so it was time to add the Distress Stains.  I used colors to punch up the colors on the tag then threw some water droplets on the tag and dried with heat gun.
The stamp is the hat from Tim's Stamper's Anonymous Birthday Blueprints.  Now…I have to confess…when I first saw the Blueprint line I was NOT impressed. I thought the concept was cool, but I also thought that Michelle Ward had done it better and I thought they were too "cute" for me.  Yeah, I've done a 180 on that.  I now own; Valentine Blueprints, Easter Blueprints, Industrial Blueprints.as well as Birthday.  Of course, I wasn't that excited about Distress Markers when they came out and only bought a small set because it was part of the Compendium Challange.  Well…joke's on me because I like the Distress Markers  and Blueprint stamps.  Who knew but Distress Markers and Blueprint  stamps go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.
I colored the hat with the Distress Markers but thought it wasn't Pretty Princess enough so I added the glitter.  I think that s about the time the card when from sister-in-law appropriate to preschooler only. Most of the marker was covered by the glitter.  I always use Martha Stewart Fine Glitter.  I added redline tape to front of the tag and hand-gathered the pink crepe paper along the line.  The yellow fringe is Heidi Swapp Trimmings that I hit with a heat gun to make it curl up.  The pearls are Recollections pearl trim.  I topped it all off with blue dyed-seam binding and pearls from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baubles.  A piece of Distress Cardstock attached to back makes it into a card perfect for any little girl.

This post has been linked to the following Linky Parties:
Thirty Hamdmade Days
Live Love Rowe

Laters Baby….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...