Friday, October 19, 2012

Sparkly Raven Tag

I wanted to begin this post by saying that I have been getting some amazing comments from you all and I wanted to convey how much it means to me.  I read each and every one of them and treasure the feedback…so thank you.
While I was making my other Halloween Tags for Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 and the Compendium 25, I made a few other tags just for fun.  (FYI the Compendium challenge is on a week-long break while Linda posted a guest project on SImon Says Stamp blog.

This tag is a lot of fun.  It is simply the same background I used in the skull tags: Using a blending tool add Weathered Wood and Black Soot Distress Ink until the color looks perfect and then a little Spritz and Flick.   Let the water dry either by air or using a heat gun.  Edged the tag with Metallic Silver Distress Stain. I stamped the label from the Stampers Anonymous Haunted Mansion stamp set using Archival Black ink. 
The raven is heavy black cardstock die-cut using Alterations Raven and Scaredy Cat.  I then covered the little bird with Martha Stewarts Glitter Glue and Hematite-so much sparkle!   The label is simply a 7 Gypsies circle label.  I added the numbers (31) from Alpha Parts Newsprint topped with Silver Paint Dabber.

The ticket was made using the same technique as here using Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, and  Seedless Preserves Distress Inks.  I tipped the very edges with Black Soot. The gorgeous bow was made using Seam Binding dyed with Raven Glimmer Mist.  If you look up the color it is a purple but on ribbon it is pure black. 

I grabbed all the tags I've posted this week and took them with me when I had my hair done Tuesday just to show my stylist.  The woman next to me getting her hair colored bought all 11 for her Bunco party.  Hilarious and completely unexpected. 

How are your Halloween projects coming? 

Laters Baby….
This post was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Just Us Four
Twigg Studios
I Gotta Try That

1 comment:

  1. Okay I am absolutely loving these Halloween tags. Thanks so much for sharing it on "I Gotta Try That Monday" linky party. Have a great day!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...