Saturday, October 27, 2012

Busy Gratitude

With the holidays fast approaching- of course specially Thanksgiving- now is the time we often take a moment to reflect on what we are grateful for.  This year there is at least one cool way of making this process a little more formal and a littler more public.  Carla at Carla Kay White has designed  "30 Days of Gratitude" project for the entire month of November.  All the details and buttons are on her blog.  You can find out more by clicking on the link.  This project can be something you keep close to your heart, something you share with family and friends or something you take to social media and share with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr…it's all up to you.  
Because I just completed Paula's amazing Gratitude Journal, I sorta feel like I am meant to actually do this challenge.  Historically, I'm not always so good at completing challenges like this, but because my journal is complete, I think I can manage.  The idea is to document 5 things per day that you are grateful for.  The method of documenting can be whatever you want -journal, notebook, and she even designed an App if you want to go all Smartphone.  So who's in with me?  
On the "Other News" front I gotta tell you that my health isn't great.  Something is going on that is new and not fun.  So I've spent way too much time in bed- which means creativity is at an all time low.  I haven't even decorated for Halloween and that is Heresy in my house.   

So don't give up on me but keep expectations tempered.  I have a lot to do next month so I gotta get going- I have Tickets to see Madonna and fun. as well as an all-day Robert Sabuda Workshop (if you don't know who he is I suggest you hit the link major awesomeness).  My kids have appointments at University of Michigan and University of Toledo and my hubby is a Fed Ex Pilot- guess what months are their busiest.  On a positive note I finally received my order of Sizzix dies that include the snowflakes that had literally had me drooling for months.  Expect lots and lots of snowflake projects.  

I'm also taking two online classes with Heidi Swapp- the first is a 3-day, 4-project Memory File extravaganza.  If you have never take an online class then Heidi is a great first-time teacher.  She is so available and just so "out here" with her classes. 

She films at home with her hubby or one of her kids as camera man and she makes mistakes and is real.  Her media team and husband follow the chat and they are great about answering questions.  The "instruction only" version is still available for $19.99.  

The second class is a joint venture between her and Jessica  Sprague called {Mo}Tography: Rock Your Camera Phone.  It runs 11-9 to 11-16 and is also $19.

So I'm too busy to be sick damn it!  Lots of fun things going on. What are you planing on for the holidays
Laters Baby…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...