Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Washi Tape: Halloween Tag #4

 I'm on quit the Halloween Tag roll here…I ADORE Halloween and I know I am not alone.  This tag is pure Halloween fun…or what I love about Halloween…the juxtaposition of scare and whimsical.
I made the bow out of Washi Tape (the Smash Book version to be precise) and Tiny Attacher. It is simply embellished with Crystals from Prima. 
The tag was inked using a Blending Tool and Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  Then I used Tim's Spritz and Flick Technique- it has certainly become a favorite of mine as I love the texture it adds to my tags.  Finally, the numbers "3" and "1"were stenciled using a Crafter's Workshop Stencil called Numerals and Spiced Marmalade Distress using the Blending Tool.  You could certainly get the same effect with number stamps and Versamark Ink.  Finally, I stamped the script stamp from the Apothecary stamp set randomly using Silver Pigment Ink. 
 The ruffle is Washi tape.  After I pleated it across the front I ran the extra around the back to cover all the adhesive.  I don't always do that but it worked out perfectly this time and I like the way it looks and keeps the tag from sticking to random items on my work space.  The Tinsel is Tim Holtz's new black
Idea-ology Tinsel Twine.  
To make the skull, I took a #8 manilla tag and glued a page from Twilight (it fell apart after we read it so now I use it for crafting).  After the glue dried -I used glue stick- I ripped the book page off by going from the outside toward the center. This way some of it rips off and some stays.  The Skull was stamped using the skull from the Stampers Anonymous set Apothecary using Distress Embossing Ink and black fine-detail embossing powder.  After the powder was melted, the skull was fussy cut (or not-so-fussy since I cannot stand fussy cutting) and attached using Pop Dots. 
The label is a 7 Gypsies but any label will work.  I hand wrote "boo"- you won't see me use my horrible handwriting often but it worked with these 3 simple letters.

Laters Baby….
This tag was Linked to the following Linky Parties:
Weekly Wednesday Linky Party #2
Just Us Four
Twigg Studios
Craft-o-Maniac

4 comments:

  1. I love this! You really did an awesome job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag, Danee. Love what you've done with the tape, especially the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant way to use the tape!
    I just used some of that same tape on an art journal page yesterday.... love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...