Sunday, June 3, 2012

Teachers' Gifts: The Packaging

I have shown 3 different card-making ideas for end-of-year teachers' gifts.  You can see them here, here, and here.  Today I want to show you how I packaged them.
I started with this cute polka dot bag from my new favorite packaging store Whisker Graphics.  This red polka dot is a Polka Dot Bigger Bitty Bag.  The white kraft paper bag is 6.25"x 9.25".  They come in several quantities; I got them $6 for 20 bags.
I sewed them shut using a zig-zag stitch and white thread.  Then I embellished each bag. I started by making the tags.  Using Marbled Stains technique by Tim Holtz I inked the bigger tag.  I then stamped the polka dots using white pigment ink and polka dot stamp from Hero Arts.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous.  The small tag was simply inked with Distress ink and I signed my children's names.  Finally the tiny jewelers tag was inked and stamped with the year.  The tags were stacked and a red rhinestone brad was inserted.  I attached the tags to the bag using the Tiny Attacher. 
I made a flower using Tim Holtz District Market Tissue Wrap. I glued a big rhinestone from Jolee's in the center and attached the flower to the bag using a big Glue Zot.  Finally I tied a simple bow and attached it to the side of the flower.  



I wanted to show another technique that was a little easier.  
I started with a glassine bag also from Whisker Graphics.  The bags come in two sizes and $3/20 bags.  I simply folded the bag over and stapled a variety of pennants and flats using my Tiny Attacher.
  • 1st...  I cut a simple triangle pennant leaving a tab at the top for folding over.  
  • 2nd... I made a tag using the same technique as above- marbled stains using pinks and white, polka dot stamp with white pigment ink and Tim Holtz Sentiment
  • 3rd… another triangle pennant
  • 4th…I die cut a ticket using Alternation Sizzlet Ticket and stamped it with Stampers Anonymous Odds and Ends to make a cool ticket.
  • 5th…I cut a simple flat using a piece of polka dot craft felt. 

You could us any combination of flags and pennants across the top…you could attach them with tape, brads, regular staples, or even sew them.

What do you like to give to your children's teachers?

I linked this project with the following Linky Parties:
Twigg Studios
Sew Chatty
Etcetorize
Serenity You
Everything Under the Moon
http://Creating Really Awesome Free Things
Craft-o-Maniac
Sumo Sweet Stuff
Lines Across
Tutus and Tea Parties

Laters Baby….

5 comments:

  1. Your packaging is wonderful. Years ago my great aunt taught me that wrapping is nearly as important as the gift. I have enjoyed this philosophy over the years. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks so much for creating with Bitty Bags and linking to us. I love the flower too!
    Whitney@Whisker Graphics

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how sweet!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love pretty wrapping! Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally love the Polka Dot Bigger Bitty Bag! :) The paper flower is quite a sight along with the red ribbon. It’s so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...