Monday, January 23, 2012

What The House of 3 Is Now Up To: A Look At The New Products From Rhonna Farrer, Heidi Swapp and Janet Hopkins

I have been remiss..I'm sorry.  I have some projects almost done and ready for blogging.  I also have my studio almost organized.  What a mess that has been.  My health has continued to confound me but I think I am on the path….so it is time to get posting again!!!!

Ok, but I was too lazy to photograph the one small thing I have done… soooo I had to think of something else to blog about.  What to do?  What to do?  Oh, CHA releases.  Everybody is releasing their new products  that will be showcased at CHA at the end of the month.  Here are a few of my favs.

If you have been around long enough you know I HEART the now defunct  House of 3 and the women who lived there Rhonna Farrer, Heidi Swapp, and Janet Hopkins.  All 3 have new lines coming out in the next 6 months.  This makes me very, very happy…I adore the art these 3 faboosh designers make and I think you will too.  They are considered scrapbookers but they are so much more adn their products will be perfect for all sorts of paper crafting.  

Rhonna Farrer has a long history it the craft industry as a designer of digital and hybrid products.  She has an amazing eye and I am thrilled that she is once again sharing her home decor ideas and art projects on Twitter and her blog.  Her new line coming out with My Mind's Eye is called Follow Your Heart and the physical line coordinates with her new digital line of the same name.  You can get more information on the digital files here.  The line will come in two color ways- a light blue and a soft pink/peach.  Some of my favorite pieces are:
Chipboard pieces
Mini Paper Pads
Love the stamps…must have.

Heidi Swapp is a scrapbooker extraordinaire and a terrific teacher.  She has a new line coming out with Pink Paislee.  Unfortunately, there has been only a teaser picture released of her new line but I am excited to see more.  I have taken every class she has offered online in the last year- all those Mouse Paper Scissors classes- and I see images we used in Mouse  Paper Scissors Give…meaning i have the digital files for them…that is fun.  I see she is going with a "bows" are the new "flowers" theme. 
Janet Hopkins hasn't been in the Biz as long but she has a wonderful, clean, aesthetic I love.  She has designed a few digital kits over the last year- I own most- and designed the Advent Calendar kit that i used to make this:
Janet designs amazing little mini albums which she teaches locally in Texas.  She often offers her extra kits for sale on her Etsy shop and  I have been able to pick up a few.  I love her out-of-the-box construction techniques.  This is the woman who made feet from plain wooden candle sticks and attached them to picture frames!
And she is great at designing simple, charming little gifts for kids to give to teachers and classmates. 
Janet has her first line coming out with Bazzill Basic Paper called Wayfarer.  This is the only image that has been released but I can tell that it is all Janet. 
I'm so glad the House of 3 women are continuing to make great art and inspire me.  I must confess that I have continued to stalk follow them hoping they would each continue designing.

Later I will show you Christy Tomlinson's She Art products----super cool and all the TERRIFIC stuff Mr. Holtz is realeasing. As usual he is blazing a trail and changing the game.   I also plan on having a few small give aways in the near future…some products and maybe a piece of my art….

Laters….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...