Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vintage Ornament (for) Exchange


I signed up for my second and third Swap.  If you have been reading this blog for a while, you may remember that I did my first swap last June, taking part in a Birthday Configuration Swap with Amy of Inspired Co.  You can read about the project- shown at right- here.  The current swaps are 1)Five Christmas Cards and 2)a Vintage Inspired Ornament.   The cards….not so sure what I will be making. but I finished the ornament yesterday and I made one for myself.

The ornament exchange is through the Milliande Art Community.   I had a hard time deciding what exactly I wanted to do, I mean "Vintage Inspired" can be so many things, but I think what I came up with looks pretty cool.
Sorry this Picture is so dark but It was my 4th try and frankly I am over it. 

This cone was made with vintage music paper, contemporary feather trim, green tinsel trim and pieces of tinsel.  The rhinestone broach is also vintage.  I will fill it full of peppermint candies and send it off as soon as I am notified of whom I am swapping with.

The red and white cone is mine.  I used the same vintage sheet music and new feather trim but added snowflakes punched with Martha's snowflake punch.  I punched into a decorative trim that is intended to be used on walls which I bought at Michael's.  It is basically glitter paper with adhesive on the back that  comes on a roll about 2 1/2 inches wide.  I added a vintage silver trim and vintage red velvet ribbon and a vintage rhinestone broach at the top.  The hanger is a vintage silk ribbon.  Divine.

I shall be back later with the Card for the exchange.  Later… as in "after I design the card".  Oh, and after I figure out exactly who is running that exchange… Shhh!  Don't tell anyone I can't remember….it makes me look flakey.

Laters….

3 comments:

  1. Very nice cones. Swaps always give me impetus to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cones made with the vintage music sheets. What a wonderful idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sheet music! Great idea. New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...